*This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn commissions.*
Why Make Your Own Tree Ornaments?
Stand Out from the Crowd
Besides the joy of knitting these small festive items, they will also make your tree look different and unique from most other trees which are adorned with store items that many others have too. I remember being impressed by my son and his partner's tree last year as they had sourced quirky ornaments to put on it.
If you wish to have a themed tree, say for example you want to have only Christmas balls - then you could make lots of the one kind of festive bauble - in red and white only ( or whatever colour scheme you wish)
Other Uses Not only for Trees
* You could use them as little stocking fillers for young children.
* Use them to add festive atmosphere around your home - for example hanging from the stairs or banisters, around mantelpiece or arranged on a coffee table
* Incorporate them as part of your wrapping
* Add them to keyrings and display them in your door keyholes.
* Add them to the cards you give to neighbours and friends
* Add them to a Christmas wreath and display on the front door to your home
I have based my choice on what I think most people would like as festive decorations but I have also included a few unusual ideas that are somewhat quirky. Hopefully, you will find something you'd like to make in my choice of 5.
1. My first choice of the classical bauble tree and snowflakes pattern is in there because although it is what is commonly seen on trees you can customize them to make them unique by your choice of colour schemes. This design is beginner-friendly but also has something more for those who are looking to improve and advance their skills.
2. The tiny mittens and beanie caps have been included because they are an integral part of winter activities around Christmas time. Again you can change up the colours to match your scheme. I like to have red, gold and green as my Christmas colours but another member of our family loves to use blue and silver!
3. I could not resist adding to this collection the Santa bauble ornament as I think he will appeal to children especially.
4. I love the simple snowflakes design within the heart-shaped ornaments which are very quick and easy to make.
5. The little snowman is too adorable to be left out and he is so easy to make up too.
So there you have my choice of 5 designs to add something distinctive and unique to your tree this year. I hope you find at least one you'd like to make up.